Hamilton Football Association
2017 Fall Program
Ages (6-14): Tyke, Atom, Peewee, Bantam
Fall Only Cost: $475*
Spring and Fall Combo: $675 (excludes Spring Varsity Bantam players)
When roster limits are full, registration will be closed. You may ask to be placed on the waiting list. We will endeavour to field as many teams as possible with adequate and safe roster sizes, provided we have the trained coaches to support the team. We will not accept registrations if we do not have the proper infrastructure in place and we will not compromise player safety and a positive playing experience.
*Plus one time $150 per household fund raising levy (value of $200 rebated back to you at time of your ticket sale. The end result is savings of $50 off your household registration- details below***)
Stay updated and like us at www.facebook.com/HFATicats
As Hamilton’s premier minor association with over 80 years of combined service to our city we have created a strong partnership with the CFL and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. All teams will be branded as Tiger-Cats.
- The following is supplied by HFA and must be return in good condition at the end of the registered season:
- Certified Helmet
- Shoulder pads
- The following items are required and must be purchased by the individual in order to practise or play:
- Official HFA Jr Ticats Football Game pants* – These custom pants must be purchased at T. Litzens Sports.
- Chin Straps*
- Football practise jersey
- Football cleats
- Optional: Football practise pants
*Note: We have negotiated an exclusive agreement between HFA and T. Litzen Sports. Official HFA Jr Ticats Football Game pants, chin straps and girdles, as well as all other accessories are available at a discount to retail prices. These items must be purchased at T.litzens at your leisure any time after March 1st. at T. Litzens. In addition, all HFA members will receive 10% off any other store items.
HFA will no longer distribute these items. You must purchase at T.Litzens Sports
Exclusive HFA pricing to individual items (price is subject to change without notice):
- Custom Design Jr Ticat uniform pant $37 (mandatory –fitted and supplied at T. Litzen Sports )
- Girdle $30 (if needed)
- Chin strap $20 (if needed)
- HFA equipment bag $25 (if needed)
- Knee pads $5 (if needed)
- Mouth guard ($5 to $30+, changed each playing season or with dental change)
- Gold Package (@ $75.00 for the package) plus tax
- To include:
- Custom Game Pant
- Integrated Girdle
- Hard cup chin strap
- Knee pads
- To include:
- Black Package (@$99.00 for the package) plus tax
- To Include:
- Custom Game Pant
- Integrated Girdle
- Hard Cup Chin Strap
- Knee Pads
- HFA Custom Football Bag
- To Include:
Player assessments determine the appropriate playing level for each athlete and to create teams of players with similar playing abilities for assignment to the correct tier (AAA, AA, MD). You must be registered (with payment complete or with authorized payment plan) with the league first to attend any evaluation(s) and/or practice.
Practice dates: 3 days a week, based on city permits (Monday/Wednesday/Thursday). Practise cancellations due to inclement weather may or may not be rescheduled. In addition, film review night may be arranged (AAA only).
Team Practice Locations: Bishop Ryan and Brebeuf High School. TBD upon start of season.
Evaluations: Player evaluations will begin mid/late July. In order to be properly assessed and placed in the appropriate division level, evaluations are mandatory. An email will be sent out to all Hamilton Football Association registered members with details of player evaluation dates location and times based on age groups.
Once evaluations are complete, acceptance letters will be distributed and you will be placed at your appropriate playing level and team practice park.
Special Note: Registering to coach or accepting a team managerial position in a specific division level does the preclude a player from being placed in his/her appropriate talent division. Divisional coaching staff will be confirmed once assessments are completed.
Equipment pick up:
For those players who have NOT participated in our Jr Ticat Spring Development Program, equipment pick up will be in early July. Registered players will be notified via email and notices made on our social media outlets.
- If you have played in the Jr Ticats Spring Development program, you may keep your existing equipment and return at the end of the Fall Season.
- If you have played with the Varsity Ticats Spring OFC program, whether you decide to continue using your Varsity issued equipment, you will need to return your equipment to the appropriate Spring Varsity administrators. (Jr Ticats will not be responsible for the collection of your equipment).
- If you have your own equipment (helmet and shoulder pads), you must sign an equipment waiver prior to first practise. Please see your Manager to obtain the waiver.
Evaluation Process: (Mid/Late July)
- All players must participate in the evaluation/combine session. Those players that cannot make the combine and tryouts, will need to contact email@example.com. Alternate arrangements will be made for their evaluations.
- The combine/evaluation session, will be headed and facilitated by each divisions’ AAA coaching staff. All AA and A coaching staffs will assist in the drills and help assess the players.
- Once evaluations are complete the teams will be allocated.
- 2017 Evaluation Dates:
- Atom/Pee Wee: July (TBD)
- Bantam: TBD (If you have an urgency to know dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tykes: No evaluation for Tykes. First practice date TBD upon completion of upper division evaluations.
Schedule: Season may be extended/modified based on weather field conditions and/or based on enrolment per division. Specific team schedules are provided to us from the OFL (released mid/late August).
Games will be played on Saturday or Sunday starting late August/early September and finishing early November. Championship day is mid-November.
The OFL determines the overall league schedule. Once the overall league schedule is determined and released to the respective associations, it is the responsibility of the associations to determine home date/venue. HFA will complete their due diligence in our submissions for securing home venue dates/times and schedule prior to season start. HFA will also endeavour to schedule same day games for all divisions to promote a family experience. This however, is not always possible due to other centres may not having fielded all divisions for play. As a result of this pre-planning, once the overall league schedule is set, HFA is able to provide you with the dates/venues of our home games. Away games are arranged by the respective opponent associations and are provided to you as soon as we receive the information.
Game Venue(s): All of our home games will be located in the city at various Hamilton High School Turf fields and Tim Horton’s Field. Away games will require travel. Once schedule is determined, the game schedule on our website will be updated with the locales of each venue.
- Full payment due at registration. – Credit Card or Debit is accepted online. Payment plans can be requested but arranged via credit card only.
- Email Registrar: email@example.com for registration information or payment plan details.
League Fundraising Raffle:
Every household will be given twenty (20) raffle tickets to sell (at their leisure) with a household recovery of $200 back to you and providing a savings of $50 off your household registration costs (should you choose to sell all of your tickets). At the end of the season, we only require the ticket stubs sold to be returned and entered at our year end draw (to be held at our Fall End-of-Season Awards Night and Gala).
AAA Rep Levy:
If your child successfully makes the AAA Rep team, a $100 rep levy is applied. This levy goes directly to his/her player “Premium Black Cat AAA” Spirit Wear. This is a mandatory fee upon accepting placement to the AAA Rep Team.
FALL REFUND POLICY:
- Before June 15: Refund (less $75 administrative fee)
- After June 15: NO refunds. NO exceptions.
For More information on the Fall program email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on registration or payment plan details email: email@example.com
If you are ready to be part of our HFA Family, click the on-line registration: (click here)
Please find below some FAQ’s that may assist you:
Q: My child’s registration is incomplete. Can he/she still attend evaluation?
A: Registrations must be complete in order to participate in evaluations. This includes fee payment. Proof of birth/Picture ID, HFA Player Medical Information Form and Player Acceptance letter must be provided to your Team Manager prior to the start of official practise. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents can also be mailed to our address: P.O. Box 15, Binbrook ON L0R 1C0
Q: What time should I come to evaluation/practise? How long will it last?
A: Please endeavour to show up 10-15 minutes ahead of the scheduled assessment/practise start time. This will allow you time to check in with the coach or support staff and for your child to get warmed up before the assessment/practise starts. Assessments/practise usually take more or less the full time allotted (2 hours each night). Please arrange to have your child attend for the full session.
Q: My child has never played football before. Does he/she need to attend evaluation?
A: Yes. Other sports and activities can help to build skills that transfer to the football field.
Q: My child has played with the Jr Ticats for years. Does he/she still need to be assessed?
A: Yes. Children grow and participate in different activities that change their football play. A fresh assessment can give us an idea of his/her current levels.
Q: What should my child wear for evaluation?
A: Players should come ready with : cleats, , shorts. Evaluation will be held rain or shine, so please dress your child in appropriate layers for the weather. If full equipment is required, you will be notified.